Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

June/July Favourites


Hi everyone,
So I've been sort of MIA lately; some life things happened and to be honest I just got very lazy about blogging. But I'm back now, and I'm going to try and get back to regular posting, starting now.
I didn't post a June Favourites, but seeing as I'm still using most of the same things that I was then, I thought I would just put the two months together. I mainly have makeup favourites this month; seeing as it's summer I've changed my routine up a bit, and have made some new discoveries.

Wet 'n' Wild Coloricon Eyeliner in 'Turquoise'

Seeing as it's summer, I've started experimenting a bit more with colour, and one thing that I've gotten particularly fond of is coloured eyeliner, particularly this one from Wet'n'Wild. Despite what the name and above photo would suggest, it's actually more of a green than turquoise. The lasting power is decent, it's a huge pencil that will probably last me a lifetime, and at 1.99 it's a complete bargain. What more would you want?

Natural Collection Bronzer in 'Sun Shine'

I originally bought this because I needed a cheap bronzer to bring away with me. Being a big fan of the Natural Collection blushes I decided to give this a go, and it did not disappoint. The colour suits me perfectly; it isn't too orange or dirty-looking and lasts well. If you look closely it does have some glitter in it, but you wouldn't notice once it's on. And once again, at 2.49, it's a bargain. The only slight downside is the shade range, they only have two colours, so I'm not sure how they would work on different skin tones.

Elizabeth Arden Powder Brush

...Aka, what I've been using to apply my Natural Collection Bronzer.
I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of makeup brushes. I don't shop for them often, most of mine are cheap and in questionable condition; I'm just much more interested in the actual makeup itself. However, I got this brush in a gift set a while ago and finally started using it and well...I think I may have to reconsider my stance on expensive makeup brushes. I didn't know what I was missing out on. The quality of this brush is really nice, it's so soft and just feels very well made. It's also slightly flat, so it applies blusher and bronzer really well. I'm a convert.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'In Love With Ginger'

This is, in my opinion, the perfect summer bright. It's a really nice red/orange/coral hybrid and is very moisturising and comfortable to wear in the heat.

Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in 'Barely Blush'

Or at the opposite end of the spectrum there is Barely Blush. This lipstick is slightly thicker than In Love With Ginger, but is just as moisturising and easy to wear. I really like the formulations of these lipsticks actually. And the packaging is lovely too.

NYC Nail Varnish in 'Raindrop'
I have decided that I don't own enough NYC nail varnishes. For some reason I tend to go for Essence more often, even though they're the same price, and I think NYC has the better track record. Although I don't think it's nearly as quick drying as it says (I don't think I've ever heard of a nail varnish that dries properly in a minute) it did last a good five days without chipping, which in my book makes for a good nail varnish.

Boots Cocoa Body Butter

This is a small tub that I got as part of a gift set, the full-sized tub is about the size of a Body Shop body butter, and I am seriously considering running out to buy one as soon as I finish this. It's one of the few cheaper body lotions I've found that genuinely moisturises my skin, and keeps it moisturised for longer than a few minutes. It also smells amazing.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar