Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Afrohemien

Holding On
Afrohemien is a vintage and ethnic inspired brass jewellery company. I had been really interested in a few pieces (why am I lying - I practically wanted everything from the earrings to the bracelets) but, I settled at bagging/buying two. I ordered both pieces from Afrohemien etsy's website even though they do have their own site (I think for an international order it worked out a lil cheaper *don't hate*). I purchased the "vibrate higher rosary" and the "motherland African stud earrings"  ... since I don't have my ears pierced I emailed the owner about having clip-ons (yes I'm that girl) and she made it happen (thank you!). My order shipped out in decent time but, it did take a long while to reach me which btw I was aware about and yes I did pay additional custom charger (grr..). 

So was it what I expected? 


Yes it was. My order came nicely wrapped, I had an invoice, a golden thank you and I fell in love with both pieces.


Vibrate Higher Rosary


You can get this rosary/necklace in either rose quartz or lapis lazuli crystal, surrounded by tiny gem beads/gold brass (?) with an African Adinkra symbol. I chose the "Sankofa" symbol which means "return/go back and get it" - its a symbol of learning from the past (Amen!) and the rose quartz is meant to promote love, calming and gentleness. I know what you might think ... eek mumbo jumbo stuff but, I've always loved gems and beads opposed to gold/silver chains bling. Plus, if (I said if y'all) beads can calm the temperament and be a form of medicine (I said a "form of") then I'm all for it. 

Its so dainty which is something I don't feel I embody at all but, that doesn't stop me enjoying it. The sankofa symbol hangs pretty low so when wearing non-v-neck tops, vests and bras it may ahem get a little lost in chest-land. I guess that's what makes it a bit more personal as not everyone will see the Sankofa. Its a really beautiful piece that's a nice change from the normal crystal necklaces that I've often seen facing downwards. 

I've been really into jewellery with meaning. I know its early days but I've really enjoy wearing this. Most jewellery tends to annoy me but this doesn't, its so light I can even forget I'm wearing it. 

Vibrate Higher Rosary $55.00

Motherland Africa Studs/Clip Ons

A set of beautiful brass Africa earrings. Even though I don't have my ears pierced I emailed Lakesha the shop owner and she said that she could make clips on for me (thanks again). These earrings are exceptionally stunning and have a wonderful gleam/shine. The clips on fastenings are not loose or too tight and don't hurt my ears whilst wearing them or when I take them off (but its early days). Since I don't wear earrings regularly I did find it a bit difficult to know where to place them but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. 
Motherland Clip On Earrings $25.00

Overall opinions: I adore both items. The earrings as well as the rosary comes with a polishing cloth that really makes a difference to making the jewellery shine. I would definitely purchase some more items in the future. 

Any Thoughts?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Stay Blessed

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar