Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow #530 Bohemian

Revlon has rolled out about 6 new palettes from their PhotoReady line in Singapore! And this one is quite special because it contains not only eyeshadows, but also a primer!

Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow #530 Bohemian


Available: All major pharmacies. $19.90 after 20% discount at Watsons.

Volume: 2.8 g.

Star Properties: Comes with primer.

Ingredients: As below.
It is rather interesting because after Mica, the next ingredient is microcrystalline cellulose, which is something I have not seen before. I guess it is this that gives the PhotoReady shadows that cream velvet soft and smooth texture.


Instructions: As below. This palette has the colours arranged by the positions you should use them at when applying on the eye. I like it, because it is foolproof.


Packaging
The PhotoReady palette is rather big, very rectangular, but steady. I do like the window through which I can see the products. But otherwise, It think it is too bulky.


Colour and swatches
I picked this palette out of the six available because I like the turquoise. The other palettes look too boring for me, there was a brown neutral, a pink and brown neutral, a purple smokey, a golden jungle, and this one.

Swatches below!

From left, turqoise, chocolate brown, salmon pink, the primer that is muted champagne gold, and the sparkle.
Application, Texture, Pigmentation, and Quality
When applied using my fingers onto bare skin, these are really good. They glide on smoothly, and as you can see from the swatches above, they don't skip. They look very pigmented, which was what caused me to buy.

However, when applied with a brush after I reached home, this is a hit and miss for me.

The turquoise, that I love most in the pan, was a great disappointment because it is so poorly pigmented; the greenish colour wears off the moment I blink, leaving behind a somewhat greyish silver eyeshadow with a slight green tinge. Instead of being a true-to-pan turquoise, this always becomes a duo chrome silver-green on my eyelids (that you will see in the eye photo later on).

The salmon pink is also a disappointment because it is even more poorly pigmented than the turquoise. I just can't get any colour off it. And the glitter that I could see in the pan does not transfer to eye as well!

It ends up that I very seldom use the turquoise and salmon pink nowadays.

But the other three colours, the brown, the gold primer and the gold sparkle are gorgeous!!

If Revlon sold the gold primer and the chocolate brown in single pans, I will buy both at $15 to $20 in a heartbeat!

The gold primer is as tested in-store, it is incredibly velvety and applies like a dream. The staying power is also mad good, lasting more than 12 hours!

The brown has the same level of pigmentation, ease of application, and staying power. It is just amazing. I also like this colour because it is the one and only chocolate brown that suits my warm medium skin tone! The other browns make me look like I have severe dark circles on the upper eyelids.

Below is the application of this PhotoReady palette on my eyes, under two lighting. My skin looks very yellow in one lighting, and more normal beige in the other.

On your left is my right eye, and on your right is my left eye. Top: Eyes open, and bottom: eyes closed.
As you probably can tell, the turquoise does not show much at all. It is just a light grey silver green close to the lash line.

LOVE that brown!!!

Nowadays, I normally only wear the muted champagne gold all over my eyelids as a base colour, then put the chocolate brown in the outer-V and a little bit in the inner corner. The gold can really build up into an eye-popping colour, as shown below.

Love pairing such looks with a deep black winged liner.


Overall, I think this is 3.5/5.
Will not repurchase because all the palettes have hits and misses when I swatched in-stores. With #530 Behemian, the finish is actually rather pretty even without the turquoise, meaning, I can live with the misses, and I think I like the hits enough to finish up the palette. But I do still feel disappointed that the palette is not what I expected - with a pop of colour.

I can get a quad with ALL the colours all well-done with the same $20 - $25 from another brand.

Have you tried any of these new PhotoReady palettes? What are your views?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar