Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sephora Prat-a-Porter Colour Collection Launched on 10 May 2012

The past week has been really hectic for me at work, and I only managed to slip in two posts. While I am busy at work, the beauty world is also busy churning out new collections for summer, and for Mother's Day. One of which, is the Sephora Prat-a-Porter Color Collection that was released on May 10, 2012, last Thursday.

As there are really too many colors in this collection, I do not have the time now to try all the looks, so this will not be a review. But I managed to swatch the colors, and I put them out together with some quick sentiments about this collection, for those who like a quick buying guide.

This is limited edition, but I saw big stocks at Sephora, and I reckon there should still be some left, especially since we have as many as four Sephora outlets (Ion, Ngee Ann City, Marina Bay Sands, Vivo City) that I can count offhand. I hope this post is not too late.

Sit back and relax, because this will be a long but picture-filled post. =)

Sephora Prat-a-Porter Color Collection

The name of this collection greatly reminds me of M.A.C Prat-a-Papier Collection. I have no idea what the foreign words mean, but they are very, very different. MAC's was neutral nudes, while this is obviously rainbow colored.

 Front of display box.

Available: All Sephora outlets, $69.


Volume: 6 palettes that consists of 1 blush, 4 gradated eyeshadows, and 2 lip colors each.


Star Properties: The palettes are made to fit nicely into a stack of drawers, and Sephora provides one extra travel palette that you may remove to put in your handbag for a day.

 Back of display box.

The 6 portable palettes come in a display box that is clear on the front, and has all the instructions and ingredients and other information that you may like to know on the back.

Close up of display box. 

I really like the fact that Sephora bothers to number all the colors. It is so much easier to refer to if you watch people giving makeup tutorials on Youtube, or if you film a video yourself.

 Close up of display box.

And I like how they give visual instructions on how to remove the palettes and slot it into the little compact case. Visual instructions are complete with three simple steps, A, B, and C, in words.

Close up of display box.

And I just thought I would show a sample of the ingredients list. Basically, the eyeshadows are 0.53 g per pan. And I am glad to know that Talc is not the first ingredient, because if it is, the eyeshadows will fall out a lot.

  Sample of ingredients list.

I think Sephora really has a winning concept this time. I have never seen anything like this. e.l.f does have the e.l.f Studio Beauty-on-the-go Single palettes, that contains 10 eyeshadows, 1 blush and 2 lip colors, but e.l.f did not make a stacking drawer for them. And you will need to purchase that slot-case which will allow you to carry the palette out, or else the palette is useless.

 Pretty display box.

So I am kind of glad that Sephora is packing all you need in one.

I also like the way they color code the palettes with color strings as handles.

The 6 palettes. From top left downwards, Purple, Brown, Pink. From top right downwards, Blue, Green, Black.

So you basically get the stacking drawer as show below, with 6 slots to slot the palettes in to.

Stacking drawer.

So you can basically slot all the palettes in, and push till click, so that it locks and stays there!

It clicks lock and stays there!

And on the back of the stacking drawer, you get the portable compact "handbag"/slot-case, that has a red string as handle.

Where they hide the compact slot-case.

 Pull out the compact case and it looks like so:

 Compact case.

I personally think it's super attractive because it resembles a handbag. Not to mention, it comes with an awesome mirror!

 Empty compact case.

And you basically slot the palette that has the look you want in.

 Slot the palette in.

And press it down till you hear the click sound, and it is locked in place.

 Ready to go with my purple palette!

When you shut the compact case tight now, you will see two handles, and you can easily identify which is the color you have inside by the color of the string at the bottom (not the red one).


When you're home again, and wish to remove the look of the day, simply turn it over, and you will see a circular indent near the joints of the compact case.

Underside of compact case. 

Open the compact case, and using a finger, push into the circular hole to get the palette released.

 Use finger to push.

And you can slot the palette back into the stacking drawer for safekeeping!

The compact case is only as big as my palm. =)

 Palm-size compact case.

And you can also slot the compact case back into the back of the stacking drawer so as not to lose it.

Home you go.

Now, let's get on to the swatches!!!

Starting off with purple:


Basically, the purple palette consists of colors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, where 1 is the lightest violet eyeshadow right at the corner, and 7 is the blusher.

From bottom row left to right, 1, 3, 5, center row left to right, 2, 4, 6, and the blusher at the top is 7.

1 is a lilac purple with a satin finish. 3 is light purple with a satin finish. 2 is purple with a matte-to-satin finish. 4 is deep blue with a matte finish.

For the lip colors, 5 is a pale pink with silver shimmer. 6 is deep plum pink that is more glossy.

The blusher 7, is a matte pale pink with plum undertones.

The entire purple palette is rather cool, and I personally am not confident that this will look good on me.

Next for the brown palette.

The colors here are 15 to 21.

Bottom row left to right, 15, 17, 19. Center row left to right, 16, 18, 20. Blush 21.

15 is a pale goldish taupe. It looks like grey, but has a gold sheen. 16 is a pale bronze with gold sheen. 17 is brown with gold specks. 18 is soft deep deep brown, almost black, that is matte.

19 is a peach gloss. 20 is pink peach with silver specks. And the blusher 21 is coral with goal specks.

This is palette swatches really well. It feels like the most pigmented palette to me, even though the rest are good too. I personally think this is something I can wear very nicely since I am warm-toned.

Now for the pink palette, consisting of numbers 8 to 14.


Bottom row left to right, 8, 10, 12. Center row left to right, 9, 11, 13. Blusher is 14.

8 is a silver color with pink tinge, with shimmer finish. 9 is a champagne color with satin and light shimmer finish. 10 is a dark brown with maroon tinge with a light satin almost matte finish. 11 is maroon with satin finish.

12 is a pale pink and 13 is pink with a slight berry undertone.

The blusher is pink with a light satin finish.

The pink palette reminds me a lot of the Majolica Majorca pink palette, but the MM one is way more glittery.

Blue is up next.

Look how similar the blue is to my nail polish color!

The blue palette consists of numbers 22 to 28.

Bottom left to right, 22, 24, 26. Center row left to right, 23, 25, 27. Blusher is 28.

22 is a pearl shimmer. This is the closes to white that you can get from this palette. And this is also my favorite highlight color, simply because I always use pearl shimmer as brow highlight. 23 is a turquoise, and is easily the most beautiful color of the 6 palettes. It really stands out and would go very well as a single color for the lid. 24 is sky blue and extremely matte. 25 is midnight blue with shimmer finish. This may look bad in the photo, but it is also easily one of my favorite colors. Basically, this palette reminds me of the eyeshadow singles I got from Nature Republic, which is not in Singapore already.

26 is a clear gloss and will not show up. 27 is a brown gloss with gold specks.

28 is a more bronzy coral that also has gold specks like the blush in the brown palette, but this one has lesser gold specks.

I think the blue palette will easily be the favorite of most people, because the colors are so beautiful and neutral that it will go on warm and cool skin tones. Also, these are the colors of summer, so if you're looking for summer looks it would be good to check Sephora out.

Now for green palette.


This palette consists of colors 29 to 35.

I personally think this palette really stands out in terms of looks without swatching, because it is the only one with a red lip color.

Bottom left to right, 29, 31, 33. Center left to right, 30, 32, 34. Blusher is 35.

29 is a pale orange with satin finish. 30 is a pale yellowish green with satin finish. 31 is hmmm, a bubblegum green with satin finish. 32 is olive green with gold tinge and satin finish. I seriously wonder what the bubblegum green would look like on the eyes! It's the oddest color in all 6 palettes.

33 is a pale pink, that is more pink than the pale pink gloss in the pink palette. 34 is red, and it looks like crayon red. In fact, the bubblegum green looks like crayon/color pencil green, the kind I use as a child. lol.

The blusher a beautiful gold pinkish coral, and I like this blusher the most out of all the swatches. The one from the brown palette is a tad more coral and warmer. The one from the blue is tad more bronze and more coral.

Last, finally, is the black palette that consists of colors 36 to 42.


Bottom left to right, 36, 38, 40. Center left to right, 37, 39, 41. Blusher is 42.

36 is a silver. 37 is gunmetal grey. 38 is soft black with sparkles. 39 is matte black black.

40 looks exactly like it does in the pan, which is  beautiful beige (it is the beige that I use from color pencils to color human skin when I was young). 41 also looks exactly like it does in the pan, which is a more sandy beige.

42 the blush is a matte cool flashing pink.

I absolutely think this is the palette to go for when you need a smoky eye for the ball tonight. =D

Overall (unfortunately, my arm is not long enough to hold the purple):

This was taken in sunlight. =)

Overall, I think that the Sephora Prat-a-Porter Color Collection is not very pigmented, yet I won't say they are not pigmented. They are definitely better than the standard drugstore brands like Silkygirl, Revlon, ZA, and sometimes L'oreal. But I will admit that in these days, there are low-end brands like Wet 'n' Wild and Sleek that touts much more pigmented eyeshadows.

In general,  I do need to swipe my finger for 10 counts to get good coverage like what you see in the photos.

However, I think that if you consider the range of colors and textures that this collection has, it is an excellent purchase. It is very, very seldom that you get a full collection with the right standard colors, and the standard textures. For example, this collection does have a proper matte intense black, yet it also has a sheer sparkly black. It has silver. It has a taupe, a bronze, a champagne, a pearl, and it has an awesome chocolate brown. I personally always struggle to find brown because browns tend to be cooler, and few browns suit warm skin. But this brown has gold specks. =)

This collection has the weird colors that you may want, like the crayon sky blue and crayon green. Yet it retains the standard purple and lilac purple, the maroon, the turquoise, midnight blue and olive green. And I really like the gunmetal grey.

Personally, I think what it lacks is a matte white and a matte grey for eyeshadow.

In terms of blush, this collection is also immensely comprehensive, because it has two matte shades in plum pink and flashing pink, and three shimmer shades, in pink and coral. Awesome.

I am most surprised by the lip color as the quality is better than expected. The colors all show up (on my skin at least), and the range is absolutely fantastic, with a plum glossy pink, red, nude, pinks, brown, and peaches. The lip colors are not awfully glossy, not stick, not greasy.

However, I personally find that pan lip colors can never beat the real lipstick, and I think I may just need a matte red, or a matte rose color.

In all, I think the collection is missing brushes or sponge tip applicators. It would be really nice if somehow, there is space for sponge tip applicators, so you can touch up easily. So I guess, if you're carrying the compact case for a dinner, you do need to bring along a lip brush, your lipstick, and perhaps just one travel blush brush, as you can use your fingers to pat eye color for touch up. Well, actually, you could use your fingers to pat blush and lip color too! haha.

Anyhow, I think for this price of $69, this collection is a really, really great deal for someone who's just starting out, or just wants to expand their color selections. For me, very personally, I do feel that I actually already own these colors, as my stash is rather big enough to contain these basic colors. =PPP

So if you have a massive collection, I think you can skip this. BUT, if like me, you just like the concept of those stacking drawers and compact case and portable full face palettes, then go ahead, because there is nothing inside that I would fail, so I think you wouldn't regret it. If you really don't like the colors after buying, it is still a beautiful collection to pass on to a younger cousin or sister, or even mum, since Sephora touts it as a Mothers' Day gift.


With that, I end this post. Hope you've enjoyed all the close-ups and swatches! =D

Yours truly,
Jyoan
PosiNice

Have you seen this collection at Sephora? Did you purchase? If not, will you purchase? Which is your favorite palette and/or color?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar