Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MORE KHAKI CLASS FROM CHANEL...

Yes, even a 'green-phobe' like me is excited about these glorious khaki sophistication coming out of this year's Chanel 'Superstition' Fall/Autumn collection.

First it was Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow In 'Mystère', which by the way, is a must-have (reviewed HERE), and now these other two beauties - Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in 'Khaki Précieux' and Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 'Khaki Bronze'.  Initially, I was gonna pass on these, until that is, I saw them in person in-store.  I was captivated. ^_^


Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in 'Khaki Précieux'

Above: the Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner comes with a tiny sharpener that fits seamlessly into place at the end of the pencil when not in use.  You can twist the pencil to automatically dispense more product.
Below: swatches on my medium, olive (~NC30) skin tone.  Photographed indoors under artificial lighting and using a strobe.

I find the khaki eyeliner with a gorgeous bronze sheen so beautiful to apply along the lower lash line.  It gives it definition with the subtlest bronze sheen that helps to brighten the eyes a bit.  I rarely line my bottom lash line unless it's something the helps to brighten - darker eye liners can tend to accentuate any darkness and shadow making me look more tired than I should be.  Also, if I apply dark eye liner at the top lash line then this on the lower lash line then I find the whole look a bit more wearable rather than being "too much" - especially, for day wear.

Below: take 2 - this time without the strobe to capture the bronze sheen in low lighting.

Application was very easy as it glides on smoothly due to the slightly creamy texture (not too soft and not too hard).  Once it sets, I found the pencil lasted pretty much all day on my lower lash line.  (Note, I can't say the longevity on the waterline as I never put eyeliner there - I'm very sensitive).

The RAEviewer has excellent comparison swatches of this Stylo Waterproof Pencil, so do check her post out. :)


Le Volume de Chanel in 'Khaki Bronze'
This latest mascara was designed with all the features taken from the best mascaras in the world.  I already own 'Noir' #10 (Black).  I personally find the big brush head with short plastic bristles give my lashes a big voluminous boost in just one or two coats.  The wet formula doesn't seem to weigh down my naturally straight lashes - and in fact, even without curling them first, I find it gives my lashes a lift.  Curling beforehand, certainly gives the most effective curl.  However, it is the volumising effect that this product delivers.  Just be sure to wipe some of the excess product off the brush using a clean tissue prior to applying, because like with most mascaras, you're bound to have too much on the brush during the first few uses of the mascara when it's full.  If you have too much product to begin with, this type of wet formula is more likely to give you a thick 'spidery' lash effect rather than more of a fanned, wispy effect (unless of course, 'spidery' is what you're after. ;) )  You can easily build the volume up with another layer or two for the evening.

If you find you've added too much to begin with, you can easily wipe it off gently from your lashes using a clean tissue, because it has a wet formula.  There is quite a bit of time before it does become dry to the touch.  It also leaves your lashes still feeling quite lightweight, flexible and natural when you touch them rather than being stiff.

Another great thing about this mascara is that it doesn't transfer - even if you rub your lashes, you won't get the racoon effect.  If anything, it balls up into tiny little bits, which is no where near as bad as being smudged everywhere.  It's also easy to remove with makeup remover, which is fantastic when it's late at night and the last thing I want to do is spend ages removing mascara.  (Yes, I can be lazy that way sometimes). *grin*  It is definitely one of the best mascaras I've come across so far.
Below: swatch of Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 'Khaki Bronze'.  Initially, I thought this lighter shade would not show up on my black eye lashes.  However, it does show up - particularly if you turn at an angle and the light hits your lashes, there's a subtle hint of the bronze coming through. :)  Even though it's not as defined as a black mascara would give, the big volume it gives helps to define your eyes.  I love coloured mascara (especially blue) as I have dark brown eyes, it's a nice, subtle way to add a teeny bit of colour.  The 'Khaki Bronze' complements my brown eyes and is lovely for day wear.  (Compared to blue, which contrasts my brown eyes and therefore, helps to accentuate them).

Bottom Line
Both gorgeous products.  I highly recommend them if you can afford these on top of the Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow In 'Mystère'. ;)  However, beware that the 'Khaki Bronze' Le Volume de Chanel Mascara is a limited edition, so don't think about it too long. ;)

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for stopping by! ^_^ xo






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar