Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Guide to perfect skin + My skincare routine

Skin is a mirror of what is happening on the inside. Skin reacts to all the problems and having the best skin possible an important step to a flawless makeup. Base first! You may wonder whether it is even important to spend a lot of money in skincare. I believe it is important to use good products, because after 10 years the consequences of using cheap products could be horrible. Skin interfaces with the environment and is the first line of defence from external factors. Using harmful chemicals can affect the whole body. Personally, I rather spend some more money on skincare and buy only essential makeup products than vice versa.


Water
I cannot emphasize how important water is. I try to drink at least 2L of filtered water per day. That way my skin stays hydrated and all the renewal processes are quicker. You'll notice a big difference. 


Sleep
As our body needs a good rest so does our skin. As soon as you sleep too little it starts showing on your skin first. Dark under circles,  puffy eyes, dull complexion, redness etc. Try to get a good sleep. I'm really bad at going to sleep before 1am so I have a lot to cover in the morning.. Bad girl!


Diet
I would dare to say food is the most important of them all. But it's ofter overlooked. Changing your diet will not make immediate changes, the results start showing in a month or so. All the layers have to recover and clear up. What I would recommend is a balanced (vegan) diet with the least processed products possible. Clean food, lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Try and see what works for you.


Pillow, hair, touching
It seems like not important at all but those things effect your skin too. Regularly change your pillow cases (buy a silk case), keep your hair away if you can (all those hair products irritate your skin and cause many other problems) and do not touch you face because you may contaminate it with bacteria.


Makeup
You should use SPF protection. Almost all good foundations have at least SPF 15.


Skincare
Super important. Sadly we cannot prevent UV radiation, smokes, stress levels etc. And here's where good skincare takes its part. First you have to clean your skin and remove and makeup. Then you usually use a tonic, a serum and a moisturiser. Or like it works for you. Not all the products are good for everyone. I advise you to buy good products that will probably be more expensive but this is an investment in yourself. In 10 years your skin will thank you. I rather save up some money at makeup and invest in really good skincare.

What I've been using lately (since the beginning of January) and works best for me:

Stage 1: I remove makeup and cleanse my face using Shiseido Ibuki Purifying Cleanser.


A purifying cleanser that contains micro-granules, for a gentle exfoliating effect. Lathers quickly into a rich foam, to remove harmful excess sebum and impurities without stripping away skin’s essential moisture.

It's an amazing product. You squeeze out a pea size of product and foam it up with water, it's soooo foamy but still silky. At first I thought it was some kind of milk/cream but when you work it into your skin it does its magic. It quickly lathers into a rich foam, and leaves skin feeling refreshed and silky-smooth to the touch. It removes most of the makeup. I use an oil remover before using this product in a case I wear waterproof makeup, though. It leaves clean feel and is non greasy. I would recommend it to all of you who cannot bear makeup wipes and cotton pads. I love how quick it cleanses my skin. It's on the drier side, I would recommend it for combination or oily skin. It's also appropriate for sensitive skin because it's very gentle. It's actually a cleanser and a toner in one, I don't even have to use a toner separately. A really good product!

Stage 2: I finish cleaning T-zone with Missha Super Aqua Black head melting oil gel

It cleanses skin even deeper, I always notice how dirty the oil gets, that means that this step is much needed. It leaves my skin silky soft because of the beneficial oils it contains.


Stage 3: I apply a few drops of Collistar Attivi Puri Glycolic Acid
It's an effective, tolerable and safe glycolic acid concentration and added two more alpha hydroxy acids (mandelic and gluconic acid) product developed for daily use. It acts an effective, gradual, non-aggressive peeling which renews the skin and helps restore it to perfection.

Results:The peeling is an authentic skin renewal treatment, resulting in:
-a firmer and smoother epidermis
-a pure and bright complexion
-less visible wrinkles, dark spots and other signs of ageing
-finer, more even skin tone
-reductions in pore size and small blemishes, visible from the very first applications, the results improve gradually over time

It does the work! I noticed a big difference. My pores are smaller, I no longer have dry patches, bumps on cheeks, even one wrinkle disappeared. Not tired and dull anymore. My skin feels really fresh and firm. There are only effective ingredients in it that provide real results. The price (around 35EUR in Muller) is completely justified, it's an investment you should consider making.

(from left: Collistar Attivi Puri Glycolic Acid, Shisedo Ibuki Gentle Cleanser, Collistar Deep moisturizing cream)

Stage 4: Moisturiser- I use Collistar Deep Moisturizing Cream or Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel moisturizers, I change the routine and use what my skin needs that day

Collistar: Perfect hydration is essential to the health and beauty of the skin. Thanks to its special formula this rich, concentrated cream does not merely moisturise the skin from the outside, but also regulates and reactivates the natural processes which maintain the skin's water balance.

I use the Collistar one when my skin feels dry. It feels light and is absorbed quick. It leaves a pleasant soft finish, nothing too oily. I use it mostly as a night cream. It isn't as rich but I still prefer to stick to minimum oils on my skin by day. I would say it's a perfect regular moisturiser that would fit almost anyone. You get what you pay for (around 20EUR in Muller). It's not a surprise that all the beauty review sites rate it 5/5.

Paula's Choice:
I already introduced you to my favourite moisturiser for sensitive and combination/oily skin in this post here: http://agneskrown.blogspot.com/2014/12/get-rid-of-redness-now.html

This product works amazing! Not only that it's a good moisturiser, it works great also as a primer. I tend to use this on in the morning when I cannot afford my skin to be greasy at all because it would look awful with a matt foundation.


*Note: It's my own genuine opinion, not influenced by any of the brands mentioned.

I hope this was helpful! Comment down below what your favourite skincare products are! I wanna know :)
Xx, Agnes

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar