Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Time For an Update

Hello my lovelies,

I'm back again and I know it's a while. I won't try and make any excuses but simply put I think I fell out of love with blogging for a while. I guess I felt like it may wasn't my thing after looking at so many well loved popular blogs, but then I thought 'you know what Lily, they all had to start somewhere so don't give up'. I know I may not be the best writer and there are plenty of blogs better than my little one, but I enjoy it and there's people that seem to enjoy looking at my little blog all over the world so if even one person enjoys reading it why should I quit? Each time I write and see my views from across the world it does spur me on to carry on, I just need to start believing in myself more so thank you to you lovelies that stumble across my blog, without knowing it you encourage me to keep going so thank you! 

Now as its been quite a while I feel like its time for an update. I feel like most of the time I've just been working at my two part time jobs so they've mostly been what's kept me busy since my last post. Last month I was going to post with my second vlog that I'd made but clearly I didn't get that far. I went to see Busted in concert on their Pigs Can Fly tour and had an amazing time! I filmed a lot of it and turned it into a vlog so I'll leave that below for you to watch. If I could go and see them again I would. For a few days leading up to it and on the actual day itself, all I was listening to was Busted as I was so excited, and their performance definitely didn't disappoint. If you've ever liked Busted and get the opportunity to see them I'd definitely suggest going. 




Now for my second update which has also been keeping my mind busy thinking about things other than blogging. It's big news so prepare yourselves, ready? Okay. Back in March my boyfriend and I found out that I was pregnant and we would be expecting our first baby. When we found out it was such a mix of emotions. Happy and excited, but also scared and nervous. We didn't know how people would react when we told them but after the initial shock and letting the news sink in our families are being so supportive which is helping us to be more relaxed about it and focus on the happy side of it. Of course we're still nervous to become parents, but knowing we have so many loving, caring people around us is helping greatly. It's strange when I think that I'm growing a little life and I'll be a mum at the end of the year. 

Its been a bit of a roller coaster ride since we found out. There have been good times but also times when the morning sickness has made me feel so awful but I just remind myself to be grateful for the experience as it will all be worth it in the end. I definitely had to keep telling myself that when I was admitted to hospital due to having hyperemesis gravidarum. That was definitely the worst day I've had since this all began. Simply put hyperemesis is severe morning sickness and dehydration, and it is awful. I couldn't keep anything down, not even water, so around midnight that night I was admitted to hospital where I spent the night hooked up to a drip (IV fluids) so that they could rehydrate me. I'd never spent a night in hospital before so I was dreading it and couldn't wait to go home the next day, but the nurses doctors were so lovely so really I had nothing to worry about, I was in the best place I could be at that time. 

Although I'd spent the night in hospital, the next day a nurse told me I was going to be having a scan and that made me so excited. It was the first time I would get to see my baby and find out how it was doing. It made the stay worth it, seeing it on the screen and hearing its little heartbeat made me so emotional, I had happy tears rolling down my cheeks while my boyfriend just looked over at me and smiled. Being told that everything was good with the baby we were excited to go home and tell more of our family and friends. Now that I'm four months into my pregnancy we took our announcement photo and decided to share our news with all of our friends. Never have I felt like so many people cared and were excited. People I hadn't spoken to in so long liked the news and were happy for us, personally it makes me more excited, now I' just counting down until our next scan in August. 



I'm thinking about doing little pregnancy update posts every now and then, let me know if that would be something any of you would be interested in.

If you read that through until the end then thank you because I know that was a long ramble. I'll try not to keep it so long until my next post and I'll be sure to get myself back into the swing of things.

For now my lovelies, thanks for reading :) x

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar